Sunday, April 17, 2016

This week’s activities (18th April – 22nd April, 2016)


As usual for a Monday, I’m holding a regular teleconference about British Psychological Society business first thing (when I’ll catch up on Jamie’s rather distressing news), as well as a couple of other telephone and Skype calls; about BPS publications and public reports, and about a new All PartyParliamentary Group for Prescribed Drug Dependence, but spending the rest of the day on a combination of university and NHS business.

Tuesday is solely a university day, but on Wednesday 20th, I am travelling to Teesside University for a celebration of the 20 year anniversary of their Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy) programme

On Thursday, I’ll be busy with university business, but in London; visiting the new economics foundation (they write their name in lowercase, I don’t know why) to discuss our joint interest in community wellbeing.

Then, on Friday, I’ll be meeting with the new BPS Policy and Communications Director to discuss our plans for BPS policy. For me, implementing the BPS ‘charitable object’ - “to promote the advancement and diffusion of a knowledge of psychology pure and applied” – that means a focus on social justice, wellbeing, health, mental health, education and criminal justice… for starters. Then, I’ll be having lunch with colleagues from psychotherapy organisations – BACPUKCP, and BPC, before a meeting with colleagues from the Joanna Simpson Foundation.





No comments:

Post a Comment